INTERNATIONAL ALLIANCE ON CIRCULAR ECONOMY AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT GOALS (IAoCE&SDGs)
The International Alliance on Circular Economy and Sustainable Development Goals (IAoCE&SDGs) aims to bring top sustainability professionals, Government officials, Funding agencies & Organizations, Businesses, International Experts from India, European Union (EU) and SAARC Countries on one platform to march together to implement circular economy, combat climate change, enhance positive environment-social-governance impact, to meet the UN global goals SDG2030.
In March 2021, Niti Aayog, Government of India planned to launch the ‘circular economy action plan and policy’ for 11 sectors viz. Electronics, plastic, batteries, vehicles, textile etc. Niti Aayog identified the node ministries and assigned the task of formulating the ‘circular economy policy and action plan’ for their sector.
In 2021, we noted the launch of ‘European Green Deal’ to transform the EU into a modern, resource-efficient and competitive economy, ensuring:
- no net emissions of greenhouse gases by 2050
- economic growth decoupled from resource use
- no person and no place left behind
And that aim presented circular economy and climate change at its core.
In past few years, South-East Asian countries also have proactively started designing and implementation of EPR policies and initiated integrating the circular economy initiatives with zero waste, EPR, resource recovery, climate change and more.
PURPOSE OF THE IAOCE&SDGs
New challenges, new policies need new action and new solutions, thus IAoCE&SDGs is designed and being developed to act as bridge between EU Green Deal, Indian Circular Economy policies and action for SDGs and CE initiatives in SE Asia.
Technical expertise, ease of implementation of climate & sustainability services, circular economy standard & certification system, zero waste standard & certification system, financial support and green investment, ESG Impact Assessment, green procurement, green production, green tax, circular models, shared economy are the key areas where IAoCE&SDGs plan to work, through its sub-groups, now and in future.
IAoCE&SDGs, as the alliance of numerous members, will develop sub-groups within, to lead the circular economy agenda across various sectors. In year 2021, one sub-group is designed within the IAoCE&SDGs:
- Circular Electronics Alliance (CEA) (anchored by Sanshodhan, India).
Note: New sub-groups will be formulated in year 2022.
ACTIVTIES OF IAOCE&SDGs
Life Sustainability Member (Platinum)
One time payment for Life time Membership
- * Members will be provided with a platform, to connect with experts on Circular economy, Climate change, Renewable energy, Export & Import, Carbon Labelling, Circularity Labelling, ESG Reporting and similar aspects pertaining to implement circular economy and to accelerate achieving the goals established under SDG2030.
- * Members will be assisted for ‘sustainability need analyses’.
- * Members will have access to all capacity building, trainings, conference and knowledge development initiatives of IAoCE&SDGs.
- * IAoCE&SDGs will be the platform for member industries to connect with sustainability start-ups /businesses/ experts and more.
- * IAoCE&SDGs will assist the Life Sustainability member industries, for strategic investment in startups/innovative organisations, to navigate/fulfil their sustainability, climate and SDG2030 goals.
- * IAoCE&SDGs members will have access to national and international news on sustainable development.
- * IAoCE&SDGs will implement large scale campaigns, showcasing sustainability initiatives by Life Sustainability Members.
- * Life Sustainability Members will have access to all publications from ICE&SDGs.
- * Networking opportunity with the experts worldwide
- * The Sustainability department, CSR, R&D departments and top management of Life Sustainability Member industries will be assisted by the IAoCE&SDGs for (paid) services on: GHG Accounting, Carbon Neutrality, Net Zero Strategies For implementation; Carbon Labelling of products / operations; Circular Economy Systems; Circularity Label/ Certification; ESG (Environment, Social and Governance) Impact Assessment & Reporting; Zero Waste Certification; Implementation of CSR Projects; Action orientated projects to meet global goals SDG2030.
Annual Sustainability Member (Gold)
Annual Sustainability Membership Fee
- * A platform, to connect with experts across the world for the members.
- * Assistance for the member industries, for strategic investment in startups/ innovative organisations, to navigate/fulfil their sustainability, climate and SDG2030 goals.
- * Serve the members for ’sustainability need analyses’ to fulfil their climate, circularity, sustainability and SDG goals.
- * Annual Sustainability Members will have access to all publications from ICE&SDGs.
- * The Sustainability department, CSR, R&D departments and top management will be assisted by the IAoCE&SDGs for (paid) services in environment and sustainability domain.
Monthly Sustainability Membership
Monthly Sustainability Membership Fee
- * During the membership tenure of a month, Sustainability Members will have access to capacity building, trainings, conference and knowledge development initiatives that IAoCE&SDGs will design, develop and implement for its members.
- * Members will be assisted for ‘sustainability need analyses’ to fulfil their climate, circularity, sustainability and SDG goals.
- *Monthly membership applicable for startups keen to avail 2 mentorship sessions (2 hr per month)
Complimentary Sustainability Member (Silver)
Complimentary Sustainability Member
- * Complimentary Sustainability Membership is extended to the sustainability experts, for the time period of six months, for contributing their time (approx. 2 hours per month for the duration of the membership) (Membership Value: INR 2K per month).
- * Support ICE&SDGs through their participation as the speaker during webinar/ trainings/ awareness campaigns, sharing knowledge on relevant topics, or/and participating/ collaborating for projects.
- * Members may include the logo of ICE&SDGs for their environment and sustainability activities at their organizations.
- NOTE: For invited Experts, only.
Mr P K Agarwal
Mr Jayesh Ranjan, IAS
Dr Amar Patnaik
Mr Ashish Tiwari, IFS
Mr. Ramesh Chinnamaneni
Dr. Shalini Sharma
Cmde Sujeet Samaddar (Retd)
Mr Deepak Gadhia
Mrs. Shivaani Vishwakarma
Mr. Heinz Werner Engel
Mr Michael Fegerl
Prof. Anjali Kaushik
Mr Sujoy Banerjee, IFS
Dr. Mushtaq Memon
Ms Kanta Singh
Mr. Shreyas Jayasimha
INDUSTRY MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS IAOCE&SDGs
Dr. Richard Lobo
Ms Vaishali Surawar
Ms Nidhi Dua
Mr. Ram Boojh
Mr. Tarun Singhal
Harpreet A De Singh
Mr Venkatanath Kandalla
Mr Balakumar Thangavelu
Mr. Amit Deshmukh
HONORARY MEMBERS IAOCE&SDGs
Dr Sandip Chatterjee
Dr. Pramod K Sharma
Mr Radha Krishna
Mr Mukesh Savlani
Mr Raju Sharma
Dr. Luis Mario Umaña Timms
Mr. Piotr Barczak
Dr. R Vinu
Dr. Awkash Kumar
Mr Prashant Lingam
Ms. Garima Mishra
Ms. Anjali Schiavina
Mr. Sandeep Patel
Mrs. Prameela Naveen Kumari Godi
Prof. Alaka Sarma
Mr Garvit Sahdev
Mr Karthik Reddy
Mr. Dinesh Agrawal
Mr. Sudipta Das
Dr. Nitish Dogra
Dr. Ashutosh Namdeo
Mr. Prabhjot Singh Sodhi
Dr. Sameer Joshi
Ms Shaan Lalvani
Ms Manasi Mishra
Ms Malvika Sagar
Ms Paramjeet Kaur Dhillon
Ms Kaisa Karjalainen
Mr Vaibhav Rathi
Mr Miko Alino
Dr Sandeep Bhattacharya
Mr Nithin Kalroth
Mr S Singh
Ms Shruti Rana
Mr Mukul Agarwal
Mr Ashok Emani
Ms Prashanthi Vangeepuram
Dr. Swayamprabha Das
Mr. Akhilesh Mohandas Nair
Mr. Devang Seth
Ms. Devyani Hari
Mr. Johan Thans
Dr. Hishmi Jamil Husain
Mr. Bose Varghese
IAoCE&SDG’s CALL FOR COLLABORATION TO CLOSE THE LOOP
Environmental degradation and climate change are a looming threat for every nation. International policies on trade & imports, production, waste plastic & e-waste export/ import, climate change are attracting attention worldwide and leading to more and more entities taking up the challenge. We are as well.
IAoCE&SDGs offer a platform to foster the ecosystem to join hands to prepare well for global transition for sustainable development and ease out the implementation of circular economy, climate change initiatives in cities, businesses, industry clusters & SMEs along with support from governments, international agencies & development organisations.
As a society, as responsible business, as subject experts, as educated community and sustainability-sword-bearers for the environmental security for next generations, we need to ensure that we the Alliance members take these challenges head-on and treat them as an opportunity to work together for sustainable development and growth on this planet.
To do so we must work together to provide the tools, systems and platform necessary to meet UN global Goals SDG2030.
IAoCE&SDGs INVITES ELECTRONICS & ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT (EEE) SECTOR TO JOIN THE CIRCULAR ELECTRONICS ALLIANCE (CEA), a Sub-Group within IAOCE&SDGs
Circular Electronics Alliance (CEA) is anchored by Sanshodhan, Partner, State Government of Telangana, India and Member, PACE, lead by Basel-Rotterdam-Stockholm Convention, UN Environment, Geneva, Europe. CEA is sub-group under IAoCE&SDGs, focusing on electronics and electrical (EEE) sector. Companies keen to implement circular economy in EEE sector shall join CEA.
IMPORTANT NOTE TO JOIN THE IAOCE&SDGs &/OR CEA
- Institutions/ Organisations interested to join IAoCE&SDGs shall submit their EoI: Click Here
- Businesses / offices involved with electronics and electrical sector, interested to join Circular Electronics Alliance (CEA): Click Here
- Members from EEE sector, if join IAoCE&SDGs but keen to join the discussion among members of CEA, can do so, without any extra memberships/ payments.